Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Mika's hair

My name is Katie and my daughter is Mika. She is biracial (african american and caucasian) and I would be the caucasian part of that mix.;) Her biological father is not in the picture so that means I get to figure out her hair on my own. I get a lot of information online, but sometimes what works for one does not work for another. She and I have had our trials and tribulations with her hair but,because I have no clue about the whole un-natural way to do hair (i.e. relaxers), we go the natural way. She absolutely loves her hair but we struggle to do it because I am only so versatile when it comes to figuring it out. We shall see what happens:)

Here are a couple of the pics from the past up until now showing the different hair styles we have
done. Enjoy!!


This is her on our wedding day and her hair is just pulled back and curly.


Two strand twist out at 3 1/2 years old

Another two strand twist out at 3 1/2


Braided pig tails...our go to style that summer;)



Conditioner (Herbal Essence Hello Hydration) curls at 4 1/2 years old


Her very first blowout. It lasted about a week and it was the easiest week of my life!!!! But, she hated getting it done and cried because she had to sit still for so long so it definitely was not worth it. Even though at the end she absolutely loved it;) She kept saying how her hair was just like mine.. it was cute, but I want her to love her hair because it's beautiful!


Mommy's attempt at cornrow pigtails...not too bad for my first time.


Flat twist out with HH conditioner.


Our first time using the KCCC. This is when it was still wet! It didn't look a whole lot different when it was dried, just a bit more volume.



Family pictures with Kinky Curly Curling Custard...I'm new to the KC world, but I absolutely love what it does to her hair!!


My first attempt at yarn braids... 9 1/2 hours later...and I will NEVER do it again. It didn't last very long because she plays so much and it just looked loose and frizzy. I conditioned very often so I don't quite know what went wrong...maybe it just wasn't done right;) Eh, you live and you learn!!

No comments:

Post a Comment